Sunday, April 23, 2006

mount CF jump drive (Lexar 512MB)

I wanted to mount my flash drive which I use in windows. I inserted the drive in USB it displays
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device
sda: 1014784 512-byte hdwr sectors (520 MB)
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: p1 p2


The fdisk -l shows the two partions, I have on the jumpdrive. Tried
mount -f vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
It did not recognize the vfat filesystem . It looks like the ARM linux does not load the DOS filesystem related modules ( it makes sense not load unncessary modules). To load the modules

insmod fat
insmod vfat
insmod msdos

mount -r -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
#( -r is for read-only - just wanted to be safe )

ls /mnt/flash


That's it!!

To unmount
umount /mnt/flash

SPM

No comments: